Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nars Dolce Vita: Review and Swatches

I completely adore Nars blushes; I love the consistency, the bendability, the pigmentation and the array of different shades that they carry. However I have to admit that after purchasing my Tarina Tarantino Dollskin blush palette I have not been using my adored Nars blushes as much as I used to. I recently re-discovered Dolce Vita which is a lovely dusty rose shade. Dolce Vita appears to have some sparkle on the pan, but I find that on the skin the sparkle doesn’t translate, and the blush appears completely matte.
I love Dolce Vita for the transition from summer to fall, and for all of fall as well. It’s not incredibly bright (unless it gets layered) and it’s definitely neutral, which makes it perfect for this season.

I love pairing this shade with gold eye shadow (half-baked from Urban Decay) and pinky-neutral lips, it creates a great look for the office, and it’s super-fast too.



 
I find that this shade wears incredibly well, I don’t think I have ever had to do a retouch, but then again I’m sitting in an indoor environment most of the time so I wouldn’t be able to tell how long it lasted under different circumstances.
Heavy swatch/ blended

I think this is one of those shades that when applied correctly, it can suit most skin tones, I’m very fair and I don’t have to apply this extremely light handed, but I also can’t be heavy handed with it. I would definitely recommend this blush if you are looking for a beautiful neutral-toned –blush.
-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment