Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Review: Wet n' Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Collection







There was a lot of talk of these Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Collection palettes on blogs, and youtube so I decided to pick one up. There are three palettes: Comfort Zone, Petal Pusher, and Blue had me at Hello. I went with Blue had me at Hello mainly because of the teal colored shadow. I’d been on the hunt for a nice teal shadow for a while now, so I thought I’d give this one a try. The teal shade and the royal blue shade are the most pigmented of the palette. They all have a frost finish with exception of the matte black in the lower left and the glittery black in the lower right. The shimmery white, light blue, silvery blue, teal, and royal blue shades are very smooth in texture and are nicely pigmented. The matte black is not as smooth but still smooth in texture. The navy blue and glittery black are very dry and very sheer in color, which make them hard to blend and work with, and while they are the two most glittery of the palette, the glitter does not transfer well at all onto the eyelids. Besides the two dry shades, I’d say the palette is worth the purchase for the teal and royal blue shades, especially since the palette was only 5 dollars. You can find them at drugstores or on their website, so if you’re curious, check them out!





Petal Pusher :)






Angie: When these came out... I was sooo excited, I feel like I had always associated Wet n' Wild with being of bad quality. However these palettes sure changed my mind. I have six of their trios, and two of their 8-color palettes. This one is one of my favorite color combinations. Petal pusher consists of 8 greatly pigmented purple toned colors.




As with everything, not all of these are exceptionally good, but for 5 dollars you really can't go wrong. I find that i gravitate towards this, purple-gold color in the middle in the picture above. It is just such a beautiful color!! My least favorite is the white shade in this palette..talk about chalky, and no matter what kind of primer i use with that shade, it just doesn't show up :( I created a look today with this palette and if I may say, I am very satisfied with how it turned out!!


please excuse my eyebrows, I'm due for a much needed waxing session!

The complete look.

Overall, I feel like these amazing palettes are well worth all the hype they got. I mean these are beautiful, nicely pigmented, wallet friendly eyeshadows. Nicely done Wet N' Wild!
I think these get an A in my book, how about yours?






No comments:

Post a Comment