Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween 2011: Dark Fairy


Hey guys! I don't know about you but I LOVE Halloween. The whole process of finding the perfect costume, dressing up, experimenting with make-up looks, and getting together with friends is always a blast! As of now I'm unsure as to what I'll be dressing up as but I thought I'd share with you some of the looks I'm contemplating.

This first one is a dark fairy/angel look I came up with inspired by a NYX campaign I saw at Ulta the other day haha For the eyeshadow, I first primed all over my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion to prevent any creasing. Next I layed down a sheer layer of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pots and Pans as a base. I applied it straight from the pencil and then blended it out with my ring finger. On top of that I used a very shimmery, metallic silver shadow from a Victoria's Secret palette that I believe to be discontinued but any silver eye shadow will do. I applied it all over the lid and up into the crease area.
Then, to add depth, I applied a black shadow with silver glittery (also from the VS palette) to the outer portion of the lid and winged it out a bit. Once I blended it with the silver of the rest of the lid and into the outer portion of the crease, I took a cotton pad dampened with make-up remover and created a sharp edge along the outer portion, defining the wing created earlier. Next came the eyeliner. Now for this I used the the black from the Fantasy Makers Painter's Palette, which you can find at your local Walgreen's, but you could use any eyeliner, pencil, gel, or liquid. This is the part you can get creative with. After applying a thick line on the top lashline, I did the extended design which you can see here in the pictures. Since I used a cream consistency liner, I set all the areas where I used it with a matte black shadow. To finish up the eyes, I added #3 MAC lashes and a light coat of mascara just to help my natural lashes adhere to the falsies. Oh! Almost forgot, I also used Fantasy Makers Glitter Eyeliner in Cryptic to add a bit of sparkle to the look just around and in between the extended black liner designs. To define the eyebrows, I just used the same matte black eye shadow I used to set the eyeliner with an angled brush, and combed through them at the end with a lash brush.

To complete the look I lined my lips with a black eyeliner pencil and used Fantasy Makers Lipstick in Black on top of that. Lastly, I took some of the red from the Fantasy Makers Painter's Palette and added it to the center of the lips, both top and bottom.


And there you have it, my dark fairy/angel look! Hope you enjoyed :)

What costumes are you contemplating?


Happy Monday <3


No comments:

Post a Comment