Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This Works Take 2

Angie Says:

It feels like I'm always apologizing for how long it takes me to publish a review...sigh... but here is the second part of my review on This Works :) I can seriously say I love the brand. Swatches will be posted soon, with the move I have misplaced my camera. Hope you enjoy!

This Works- Perfect Skin Line
I’ve been experimenting with This Works lately, and here is what I have to say about their Perfect Skin line, while I only own 3 products from said line, I believe I have tried them enough to have a well formed opinion.

Perfect Look Skin Miracle

Now this was a weird product for me at first, I first saw it featured in one of Lisa Eldridge’s videos. It looked fantastic on her, and since I have a similar skin tone, I thought about giving it a try. It is quite a peculiar product, as you can see in the swatches; it has a brown tint to it, which looks rather strange and maybe too dark at first (for pale-skinned ladies such as me), however after you apply to your face and blend, it melts almost into nothing. Now, this is where it began to impress me, it blended almost into nothing, you could almost not see the product, yet it made an immense difference on the way my skin looked, I mean it, it was almost as if my face was alive! Finally! After years of suffering from extremely dry skin, something gave me a beautiful glow that looked natural. I even felt healthier than I did before. Something else that is worth mentioning is that when I wore this under my foundation (no primer) it didn’t make my foundation last any longer, however it made it fade more evenly. I didn’t get any of those dry patches that I get when my foundation does leave my face, it was quite impressive. This has quite a pleasant smell for me, though I can’t really put my finger on how it smells, it just smells good and natural to me, I don’t know if my nose is getting tricked by the appearance of this product, but sometimes I feel like it smells lightly of caramel, but that just might be my brain playing tricks on me. I highly recommend this product, if you want a hint of color to your face, it is a light hint of color, but it makes a big difference trust me. Hint of color aside, this also has great ingredients that benefit the skin, while also making it appear less dull and more on the healthy side. I do consider this product to be a luxury item, since it is most definitely not cheap, but I consider it worth it, and will continue to repurchase in the future, if I don’t find something better, that’s also cheaper. This one gets 10 out of 10 for me.
Perfect Skin Defense SPF 30

I had been looking for a something with SPF that I could put on my face for a while, my skin is quite sensitive, and anything overly greasy, heavy or fragrant can and probably will make me break out. I was terrified the first time I used this. I pumped a couple pumps into my hand (I always try to be generous when it comes to SPF) and noticed that it was tinted, it was strange, but it didn’t put me off. What did put me off, is how sticky this stuff is, I mean, it was even kind of hard to blend almost, however I looked past that and continued to apply regularly. Which actually gave great results, it didn’t break me out and I felt protected throughout day. This product is actually quite a light product, though I feel like because it feels sticky, it might feel heavier than it actually is. I am pretty pleased with this product overall, since it’s tinted, I wear it on it’s on sometimes, it evens out my skin tone but doesn’t cover any troublesome spots, but that’s ok, my skin is relatively clear most of the time, it’s just really dry. If it weren’t because this product is sticky I would give it a 10, however because of that factor I will bring down to 8.5, it’s hard to rate a sunscreen, I mean, if you don’t burn its working, right? However the major factor that sold this product for me was the lack of reaction that my skin had, you have no idea how happy I was when I woke up and my skin wasn’t pimple city, definitely a plus. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, which I trust won’t be for a while, but when I do repurchase I will try to do so when there is some kind of special promotion.

Perfect Skin Super Moisture

This claims to be a moisturizer and a serum in one, while I can’t really tell you if it’s a great serum because I have never tried one, I can and will tell you that this is a great moisturizer. I find this to be better for my skin, than my regular Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion from Clinique. It’s richer and feels a lot more moisturizing. While you can use this day and night, I opt to use it only at night, since I use my SPF defense in the morning. It’s great as a night moisturizer, I find that my skin always feels and looks better in the morning though the results are never truly dramatic, I know that it helps my skin recover from all the abuses I put it through, and the ever so rare hormonal breakouts. I give this product a 9, because while it’s not a miracle product it does what it’s supposed to and it doesn’t break the bank as bad as the other Perfect Skin products that I have mentioned, the packaging is also quite nice and I always appreciate moisturizers that have pumps.

Great job This Works! You still impress me with your products.

No comments:

Post a Comment